Memphis Restaurant hood cleaning is vital to keeping the efficiency of your exhaust system high. I would like to talk about the hoods themselves in this article. The hood is designed to do two things:
- Act as a fire protection device by removing the grease
- Remove smoke and heat from cooking area below
The kitchen exhaust system is designed to pull grease laden smoke up into the hood and to the filters where it is filtered, turned back into grease then emptied into a catch tray. The three basic hood designs are the canopy, the galley and the downdraft. The closer the hood is to the cooking surface, the more efficient it is.
The most common type of hoods seen in restaurants today are canopy style. They are a simple design, do a good job and are easy to maintain. Restaurant hood cleaning is normally a simple task with these hoods. Just make sure that your hood cleaning company is cleaning the entire exhaust system and not the hood only.
Restaurant Hood Cleaning
Cleaning kitchen exhaust systems, is not difficult to do. It must be done the right however up to the code of the NFPA.
- The first thing that should be done when your hood cleaner arrives at the job is remove any items that may fall on your cooking equipment during the cleaning process.
- If there are any fryolators, they should be covered with sheet pans or cardboard.
- After that, the entire Set of cooking equipment should be covered with plastic.
- Using a process called funneling whenever possible.
- A properly set up funnel system will make 99 % of the mess fall into a bucket this includes water from power washing the kitchen exhaust system.
- The next step is to bring in the equipment, The first thing to bring in is the power washer and it's accessories.
- The technicianwho brings in the power washer should be careful to vent all the exhaust from heating coils i out the door, a window, or the last choice to choose, the hood itself. If they had to exhaust fumes out of the hood itself, they have to be very careful not to burn the plastic protecting your cooking equipment.
- Ok great at this point they are almost done performing the hood cleaning, now all that's left is the filters. We degrease and power wash the filters front and back shake out the water, then place them back in your hood.
- Any Hood Cleaning Company worth their salt at this point dries your hood by hand then shines it with a stainless steel polisher such as Sheila Shine. This last step is the difference between a clean hood and an immaculately cleaned hood.
- After all the equipment is out of your building they should fill out the paperwork. Once signed, they place the appropriate certification sticker on your hood.
- Then they should mop up their own mess if any from where they were working to the exit door.
Kitchen Exhaust Vent Cleaning
A lot of small businesses begin with dreams of growing into national companies.
They start small and rely on local clients to make them successful. Sadly, many of them forget those who helped propel them to success once they have achieved their goals.
But that isn't the case with the commercial hoods sales and installation companies.
Since they began the commercial kitchen hoods activities, they have prided themselves on their willingness to take care of their customers.
Now that they have launched a national campaign to serve every state in the nation, it is more important than ever that their Colorado customers understand that they will continue to provide them with the best commercial vent hoods services they have to offer. They want them to know that the level of service will not change for them, but that they are expanding to offer that same level of service to restaurants throughout the country.
Today, they are the top companies in the country that professionally clean restaurant kitchen hoods, ducts and fans.
The company's comprehensive cleaning services include the use of high-powered equipment and special chemicals. The type of cooking processes used by the restaurant and the volume of food cooked determine the frequency in which the cleanings should be performed. But as a rule, commercial kitchen systems should be cleaned at least every six months.