Denmark Restaurant hood cleaning is vital to keeping the efficiency of your exhaust system high. I would like to talk about the hoods themselves in this article. The hood is designed to do two things:
- Act as a fire protection device by removing the grease
- Remove smoke and heat from cooking area below
The kitchen exhaust system is designed to pull grease laden smoke up into the hood and to the filters where it is filtered, turned back into grease then emptied into a catch tray. The three basic hood designs are the canopy, the galley and the downdraft. The closer the hood is to the cooking surface, the more efficient it is.
The most common type of hoods seen in restaurants today are canopy style. They are a simple design, do a good job and are easy to maintain. Restaurant hood cleaning is normally a simple task with these hoods. Just make sure that your hood cleaning company is cleaning the entire exhaust system and not the hood only.
Restaurant Hood Cleaning
Indoor air can be more polluted than outdoor air; this can lead to various health problems. Professionals use high-tech equipment to clean exhaust hoods and air ducts in commercial buildings. Such services help to decontaminate the air in duct systems and exhaust hoods by removing odor and reducing dust and other allergens.
For a restaurant owner, cleanliness is a critical aspect in running a successful business. Spending endless hours on the decoration of your restaurant and food quality, without taking any initiative towards maintaining a hygienic environment, will lead to an unhealthy indoor environment and unhappy customers. Regular inspections, at least twice a year, should be done followed by professional cleaning services to ensure a clean, safe, healthy and well-maintained indoor space.
Commercial Exhaust Hood Cleaning
A dirty exhaust system can ruin your business. It needs to be properly maintained and cleaned to promote a safe and healthy environment. Without proper care and maintenance, exhaust hoods may lead to:
- Cleaning the entire duct system: Done to ensure a thorough cleaning process, without damaging the ductwork.
As per NADCA, the entire cleaning process for the air duct systems takes around three to five hours. Moreover, the trusted professionals apply the best industry practices to ensure a thorough and careful cleaning process.
How Often Hoods & Ducts require Cleaning?
Exhaust hoods and air ducts require cleaning on the basis of their usage. For systems under light use of two to six hours per day, having a professional inspection and cleaning done every 12 months is generally recommended. For commercial kitchens using exhaust systems and air ducts for more than six hours, cleaning done every six months is recommended. For heavy usage exceeding 12 hours, cleaning of hoods and vents every three months offer a safe and healthy setting.
Restaurant Cleaning Service - The Importance of Kitchen Hood Cleaning
Cleaning kitchen exhaust systems, is not difficult to do. It must be done the right however up to the code of the NFPA.
- The first thing that should be done when your hood cleaner arrives at the job is remove any items that may fall on your cooking equipment during the cleaning process.
- If there are any fryolators, they should be covered with sheet pans or cardboard.
- After that, the entire Set of cooking equipment should be covered with plastic.
- Using a process called funneling whenever possible.
- A properly set up funnel system will make 99 % of the mess fall into a bucket this includes water from power washing the kitchen exhaust system.
- The next step is to bring in the equipment, The first thing to bring in is the power washer and it's accessories.
- The technicianwho brings in the power washer should be careful to vent all the exhaust from heating coils i out the door, a window, or the last choice to choose, the hood itself. If they had to exhaust fumes out of the hood itself, they have to be very careful not to burn the plastic protecting your cooking equipment.
- Ok great at this point they are almost done performing the hood cleaning, now all that's left is the filters. We degrease and power wash the filters front and back shake out the water, then place them back in your hood.
- Any Hood Cleaning Company worth their salt at this point dries your hood by hand then shines it with a stainless steel polisher such as Sheila Shine. This last step is the difference between a clean hood and an immaculately cleaned hood.
- After all the equipment is out of your building they should fill out the paperwork. Once signed, they place the appropriate certification sticker on your hood.
- Then they should mop up their own mess if any from where they were working to the exit door.