Adamsville Restaurant hood cleaning is vital to keeping the efficiency of your exhaust system high. I would like to talk about the hoods themselves in this article. The hood is designed to do two things:
- Act as a fire protection device by removing the grease
- Remove smoke and heat from cooking area below
The kitchen exhaust system is designed to pull grease laden smoke up into the hood and to the filters where it is filtered, turned back into grease then emptied into a catch tray. The three basic hood designs are the canopy, the galley and the downdraft. The closer the hood is to the cooking surface, the more efficient it is.
The most common type of hoods seen in restaurants today are canopy style. They are a simple design, do a good job and are easy to maintain. Restaurant hood cleaning is normally a simple task with these hoods. Just make sure that your hood cleaning company is cleaning the entire exhaust system and not the hood only.
Restaurant Hood Cleaning
Cleaning kitchen exhaust systems, is not difficult to do. It must be done the right however up to the code of the NFPA.
- The first thing that should be done when your hood cleaner arrives at the job is remove any items that may fall on your cooking equipment during the cleaning process.
- If there are any fryolators, they should be covered with sheet pans or cardboard.
- After that, the entire Set of cooking equipment should be covered with plastic.
- Using a process called funneling whenever possible.
- A properly set up funnel system will make 99 % of the mess fall into a bucket this includes water from power washing the kitchen exhaust system.
- The next step is to bring in the equipment, The first thing to bring in is the power washer and it's accessories.
- The technicianwho brings in the power washer should be careful to vent all the exhaust from heating coils i out the door, a window, or the last choice to choose, the hood itself. If they had to exhaust fumes out of the hood itself, they have to be very careful not to burn the plastic protecting your cooking equipment.
- Ok great at this point they are almost done performing the hood cleaning, now all that's left is the filters. We degrease and power wash the filters front and back shake out the water, then place them back in your hood.
- Any Hood Cleaning Company worth their salt at this point dries your hood by hand then shines it with a stainless steel polisher such as Sheila Shine. This last step is the difference between a clean hood and an immaculately cleaned hood.
- After all the equipment is out of your building they should fill out the paperwork. Once signed, they place the appropriate certification sticker on your hood.
- Then they should mop up their own mess if any from where they were working to the exit door.
Kitchen Exhaust Vent Cleaning
When cooking with oil, you'll see the fact that smoke generally gets emitted if you frequently makes use of the same oil. Typically, these kind of restaurants have latest hoods as well as exhaust fans.
What occurs with the smoke it usually combines with the oil contaminants plus it may get trapped in the exhaust and hoods. By not cleaning when it's expected, it is going to accumulate the actual smokey grease around the fans and surfaces of the hoods.
This is risky for your staff in the kitchen. Not to talked about it really is hazardous pertaining to patrons purchasing meals in these dining places. Along with it will spark a fire when it is not necessarily maintained. Do understand that frequent exhaust hood cleaning is necessary.
It is suggested to completely clean hoods and also fans each and every three months. By stalling this action it improves the probability of grease fires and not just to pointed out microbial growth which can be dangerous.
By utilizing a kitchen exhaust cleaning system company it is one of the fastest expanding commercial kitchen exhaust hood cleaning franchise business going on today. Every one of a fire safety providers happen to be uniformly trained, NFPA Certified, Insured, and Bonded to deliver first-rate service plan.